Rebellious Plum Lips

Dear all, 
As Christmas is getting closer and closer, I can't help it but get in a holiday mood.Usually, that are mostly associated with this time of the year are red, green and gold. When you search for some makeup tutorials, you are most likely to see red lips with cat eyeliner. Therefore, I wanted to go for something different this time.

I am a big fan of lipstick. Actually, I prefer to experiment with that part of the makeup, rather than with what I do with my eyes. So this time, I decided to go for a deep plum colour, instead of the classic red.

I got my inspiration while travelling around Scotland- when I saw beautiful quilts and tartan scarves which had purple in them. When I did some research, I saw that purple is the colour of good judgement, of people seeking spiritual fullfillment. It also symbolises magic and mystery, as well as royalty. Being the combination of the warmest and the coolest colour, purple is believed to be the ideal colour. There are so many beautiful associations with this colour, right?

Therefore, I decided to make an investment and buy a MAC lipstick in the colour "Rebel". It is a really deep plum colour, that instantly brightens up your complexion. As written in the blog "Cupcakes and Cashmere", this lipstick looks good on everyone. (check the article here)

I hope you will also feel inspired and try this magnificent colour. I look forward to seeing what you think in the comment section below.





2 коментара :

  1. LOVE this color! Such a perfect alternative to red for the holidays. I'm always a bit hesitant to wear those darker shades, but it's totally worth it – looks gorgeous!

    Juliana | littlecupofj.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look and those earrings are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting. I read and appreciate each one of your comments as they motivate me and give sense to what I'm doing./ Благодаря на всички за това, че посещават блога ми и отделят време да коментират. Чета и ценя всеки един коментар, защото това ме мотивира и придава смисъл на всичко, което правя.

 

Google+ Followers

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
There was an error in this gadget