Polly's Lookbook In 3 Different Countries

Dear all,
Today is a very special day because I am finally ready to present you Polly's Lookbook First Booklet! It has been a dream of mine for so long to make something like that, and I am very happy that it finally came true. Until now I never really had the proper skills to design a whole booklet, but since my minor in Fashion Management includes InDesign classes, I took an advantage of that.
I decided to dedicate the first edition to the concept of change. Ever since I became an international student, my life involves a lot of travelling and change of scenery. For me it is a necessity to be able to adapt to new cultures, different people and unfamiliar cultures. When you come to think of it, one of the key definitions of fashion is that it always evolves and is never static.

There is a famous saying that fashion magazines actually represent a dreamy reality, where people can escape from their everyday life, where they can explore new worlds and forget the restrictions of the ordinary. This is what happens to me when I look at some of the best fashion magazines like Vogue- for a small amount of time I am carried away to a place where princess-like dresses are the only appropriate clothing, and where there are no boundries that separate normal from unrealistic.

In some ways travelling does the same to people- you are taken out of your comfort zone and are being taken to a new place, where the good old ways do not work as they used to. Although I am not wearing any princess-like gowns in my photoshoots, I still have a story behind every outfit, and the best part is that I can share it with other people.

The message I want to get across with this booklet is: Give change a chance! Never be afraid to go out of your comfort zone and explore new things. At the end of the day it is the challenge that improves us and helps us be a better version of ourselves.

I hope that you all enjoy the booklet as much as I do. I look forward to reading your thoughts about it in the comment section below.




6 коментара :

  1. Nice to see and read! I live in Rotterdam too :-) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little booklet! Rad! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Congratulations.

    xo
    Maggie A
    LOVEMAVIN.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting. I read and appreciate each one of your comments as they motivate me and give sense to what I'm doing./ Благодаря на всички за това, че посещават блога ми и отделят време да коментират. Чета и ценя всеки един коментар, защото това ме мотивира и придава смисъл на всичко, което правя.

 

Google+ Followers

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
There was an error in this gadget