Travel Diary: Crathes Castle, Scotland

Hello everyone!
As some of you might know, I am currently doing a semester abroad in Aberdeen, Scotland. The minor I chose to do (and it will also count as my first specialization for my Bachelor degree) is Fashion Management. In the following 10 posts, including this one,  I am going to share with you my fashion- and travel-connected experiences during my stay in Scotland. This is the first travel diary from the my trip to Crathes Castle which is located close to Aberdeen. The excursion took place a while ago, but it is better to upload the pictures late than never :)
Me and my friend took so many pictures (over 300) but I will share with you my personal favourites or else a single blog post will not be enough. I recommend this beautiful place to everyone who ever has the chance to visit Scotland. The castle dates back to the 16th century but most of it is still kept in a very good condition. The people who work in there were very friendly and told us many interesting stories about the family who used to own the castle. 
However, the best part for me was the garden- 240 hectares of enchanting beauty that made me feel as if I am Alice in Wonderland. For two hours I saw so much beauty that I felt inspired and energized the whole day.

 The outfit I chose was really minimalistic and comfortable. To begin with the weather that day was nice, but according to my experience it can easily change. So instead of wearing a heavy jacket, I went for the option of layering: a leather jacket to stop the wind, and a faux fur vest to add extra warmth. Underneath I was wearing a delicate white shirt, which was slightly longer that the jacket. I really like this layering effect, where you can see a feminine top beneath all coats and jackets. 
 Finally, I wore my trusted leather boots from Bershka that are the perfect companion for long walks and trips. 

And just to keep the memory from the whole trip I bought two original Scottish scarves which you will be able to see in some of my following articles (now I can say that I have real Scottish scarves from a real Scottish castle :) ) 
I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I do. I wish you all a great rest of the week.

















 











5 коментара :

  1. It is a breathtaking sight! Gorgeous captures! & I can't wait to hear of more of your travels. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, your blog is lovely as well! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is amazing! It's something that a person needs to see :)

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful!!


    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting. I read and appreciate each one of your comments as they motivate me and give sense to what I'm doing./ Благодаря на всички за това, че посещават блога ми и отделят време да коментират. Чета и ценя всеки един коментар, защото това ме мотивира и придава смисъл на всичко, което правя.

 

Google+ Followers

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
There was an error in this gadget